Friday, November 15, 2013
This is an easy and exotic Indian dish. Mixed vegetables cooked in a coconut and poppy seeds paste, It's rich, creamy, mildly spiced, and extremely flavorful, serve this with Paratha, chapati and many flavoured rices.
Fresh grated Coconut ½ cup
Cloves 3 no.
Cinnamon 1 Sticks
Turmeric Powder 1 Pinch
Salt to taste
Coriander Powder 1 tsp
Green Chilies 2 no.
Onion chopped 2 no.
Vegetables diced 2 cups
Poppy seeds (Khus-Khus) 1 tbsp
Garlic 3 Clove
Ginger Powder 1/4 tsp
Coconut milk 1 tbsp
- In a hot pan add oil,
- Add cinnamon,cardamom and cloves and fry it for 2-3 minutes.
- Add onions and green chilies and fry till onions are turn into light brown colour.
- Add ginger garlic paste and fry for few minutes, add coconut, khus-khus paste, salt and cook it till dry. Then add vegetables and fry it for couple of minutes and then add two cups of water, allow the vegetables to cook and oil separates. Add the green peas and the end to retain the colour.
- Add coconut milk and switch off flame.
Tags: Vegetable korma, Mixed Vegetable Korma, Navratan Korma,Veg Shahi Korma , Cashew Vegetable Korma, Vegetable Cottage Cheese Curry, carrot beans Kurma curry, Roasted Vegetable Korma, Paneer vegetable kurma .
Description : Dal subzi is where the pulses simmered with vegetables. beans and carrot and Split Green Moong Dal Curry, a very easy recipe combining vegetables and protein-rich green gram dal.
Moong Dal 300g
Masoor dal 300g
Toor dal 300g
Jeera/Cumin Seeds ½ tsp
Shorshe/Mustard Seeds ½ tsp
Turmeric/Haldi ¼ tsp.
Whole Dry Red Chillies 2no
Ginger garlic paste 1tbsp
Curry leaves 1sprig
Jeera powder 1tsp.
Dhaniya powder 1tsp.
Chilli powder 1tsp.
chilli flakes ½ tsp.
chopped coriander ½ bunch
Salt To taste
Ghee 2 tbsp
Oil 2 tbsp
onion(chopped) 1 big
green chilli 2 no
Carrot (cut into 2 inch pieces) 1 big,
capsicum (cut into 2 inch pieces) 6no.
Green peas 1/2 cup
- First boil all the three dals separately. not fully mashed grains should be apper.
- Heat 1 tbsp ghee and 1 tbsp oil, to it add whole cumin, mustard, gg paste,green chilli stir for some time.Now add the vegetables and cook for some time then,
- 3. add jeera powder, coriander powder, chilli powder,chilli flakes and saute them.
- 4. add boiled dal and some boiled dal water and simmer for some time.
- at last add some chopped coriander and
- 5. switch off the flame and serve hot with rice or roti.
Tags : Mixed Dal, Gujarati Dal, Indian Dal Sabji, Vaal Ni Dal, Punjabi Dal Sabji, Mag Ni Dal, SubZi dal curry, Methi Moong Dal Subzi recipe.
KOTTIMEERA PAPPU - CORIANDER LEAF DAL
Kottimeera Pappu made with Moong dal (Pesara Pappu), very easy to make and very delicious, serve this with rice.
Green Chilli 3 no.
Pesarapappu 250 g
Coriander leaves (Kothimeera) 3 bunch
Mustard seeds 1 tsp
Cumin seed 1 tsp
Dried Chilli 3 no.
salt to taste
oil 2 tbs
Turmeric powder pinch
- Add pesara pappu (moong dal), turmeric powder and water in a pressure cooker till mashed and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan add mustard seeds, jeera, dry red chillies, green chillies after some time add boiled dal and add chopped coriander and salt, simmer it for some time and switch off the flame and serve hot with rice.
Tags : KOTTIMEERA PAPPU ,KOTTIMEERA Pesara pappu , Vankaya Kottimeera Karam Kura , Coriander Pesara pappu , Hesaru bele, thuvaram paruppu, moong dal.
CAULIFLOWER ALLAM KARAM KURA
Cauliflower Alam Karam Kura Andhra Cuisine, Cauliflower Curry Flavored with Ginger, green chilli paste, It will be very tasty if had with rice.
Green Chilies 3-4 no.
Ginger 2 no.
Peanut Oil 5 ml
Medium Cauliflower 250 g
Turmeric Powder ½ pinch
Salt To taste
Coriander Leaves ½ bunch
Jaggery 5 gm
Tamarind pulp 1tbsp
- Blanch the cauliflower and keep aside.
- Meanwhile peel ginger, Cut the ginger into small pieces. grind the ginger and green chilies to a fine paste.
- Heat some oil in a nonstick frying pan then add cumin/jeera.
- Once cumin starts to splutter, add the turmeric powder and salt.
- Now add ginger chilli paste, tamarind pulp, jaggery mix well and cook it for some time, now add blanched cauliflower and mix it well, cook this in a slow flame.
- Once it is cooked, garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve it hot.
- This curry goes well with rotis.
Tags: Cauliflower Allam Karam kura, Allam Pachimirchi Karam Kura, Cauliflower Aloo Allam karam kura, phool gobi Adrak Ki sabzi, Gobi Allam Karam Kura,