- Mushroom pulao is a North Indian rice recipe, Mushroom biryani is so simple to prepare and tastes delicious. they are very low in calories, they have no cholesterol, This recipe is very easy and it is perfect for a quick lunch or dinnerIngredients2 cup Basmati rice3 cup water or vegetable stock100g mushroom1no large carrot50g green peas50g sweet corn½ tbsp ginger garlic paste1 cup mint + coriander leaves2 tbsp ghee3no slit green chillisalt To tastewhole spices:1 no cinnamon1 tsp cumin seedspinch mace/javitri (optional)4-5 cloves3-4 small cardamom2 no. bay leaves
- Heat ghee in a pan.
- Fry all the whole spices mentioned above till they become fragrant.
- Now add, ginger-garlic paste, green chilies, fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms,carrot, green peas, sweet corn and saute
- Add 2 cups water, salt and stir.
- Cover the pan with a lid and let the vegetables cook for some time
- Add rice and mix well.
- Add mint-coriander leaves.
- Cover and cook till the rice is done.
- While serving mushroom biryani garnish with mint or coriander leaves