SEMIYA PAYASAM is a traditional sweet for some festivals and functions, Semiya Payasam is a delicious vermicelli pudding that is full of texture and flavored with cardamom and saffron.
semiya/ vermicelli 25g
cashew nuts(halved) 10g
cardamom 3-4 no.
ghee 2 tbsp
- Add ghee in a small pan on low heat, add cashew nuts and roast until crisp and golden. Add the raisins, stir for a few seconds and keep aside.
- A heavy Double bottomed sauce pan, add a teaspoon of ghee roast the vermicelli on low heat until you get a roasted aroma.
- Add the milk(mix of milk and water 70-30 % ), turn the heat to high and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Once the milk is boiling with the semiya, turn the heat to low until the semiya is cooked. add the sugar, cardamom and stir until the sugar dissolves completely and simmer for another 5 minutes till the flavors get rich into the payasam and until it looks thick and creamy.
- Turn off the heat and finally garnish with the roasted cashewnuts. Serve the payasam hot or col