Onion pakoras or onion fritters is a popular Indian street food. In India pakoras are usually served with some fried salted green chilies and a green chutney or sweet chutney. This is the most easy recipe and a sure one to be prepared on a cold, rainy day.
Onion 4 medium Sliced
Curry leaves 2 sprig
Cilantro (ch opped finely) few sprig
Salt to taste
Turmeric powder ¼ tsp
Red chili powder 1 tsp
Carom seeds (Ajwain) ¼ tsp
Chickpea flour(Besan) 5 tablespoons
crushed coriander seeds (Dhaniya) ½ tsp
oil for frying
- Take sliced onion in a bowl.
- Add chopped cilantro, curry leaves, salt and ginger paste.
- Mix it very well.
- Add turmeric powder, red chili powder, coriander powder and carom seeds(Ajwain).
- Then add besan(Chickpea flour). Mix it well, so all the flour and masala coat the all sliced onions. Adjust the besan quantity to coat the onions. Make sure all the sliced onion should be coated with flour.
- Leave it aside for 20 minutes. Soon onion will start to leave its water and flour mixture will get wet. We don’t want to make batter of flour so do not add any extra water. Water from onion is enough,
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium heat for deep frying. Fry it till it becomes golden brown on all sides. Turn them around while frying for even cooking. Deep fry few pakoras at a time. Do not overcrowd them.
- Then remove it on paper towel lined plate, and serve hot as tea snack .
Tags : Onion Pakora Recipe, Crispy Onion Pakoda, How to make Crispy Onion Pakora, Saga (Hara) Pyaaz Pakora, Indian Onion Pakora Recipe, Indian Onion Pakora Recipe, khanda pakora, vengaya pakoda, ullipaya pakodi,